What is Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design or LEED Certification?
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System, developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), provides a suite of standards for the environmentally sustainable design, construction and operation of buildings and neighborhoods. Since its inception in 1998, LEED has grown to encompass more than 14,000 projects in the United States and 30 countries covering 1.062 billion square feet (99 km²) of development area.
The Importance and Advantages of LEED Certification
Acquiring LEED certification will introduce you to the following benefits:
- Recover higher costs as green building offers a lot of alternatives that can downsize the structural, electrical and mechanical system.
- Designs are cost-effective since building saves from 20% to 50% energies compared to common construction.
- Care for the future
- Enhance health and well-being of tenants
- Get introduced to large number of equipment which can help you save more energy and be environment friendly.
LEED Certification are given to organizations likes Construction, Commercial Interiors, Existing Buildings, New Buildings, Core and Shell, Schools, Homes, Hotels, Retail, Healthcare and Neighborhood Development. This orients the company on how to contribute in taking care of our environment.
Standards of LEED Certification
To get the LEED Certification, you must secure the following:
- Prevention of pollution within the construction site
- Reduce water use
- Minimum energy performance as per ASHRAE 90.1
- Building energy systemsn
- Refrigeratioin management
- Collecting and storing recyclables
- Smoke-free environment
GQS LEED Certification: Consultancy and Assistance
GQS consultants can help you with the complete LEED Certification process from documentation, implementation, trainings, internal audits and right certification body.
For training schedules, visit our Lead Auditor Training Page. We offer our service on the following countries/cities below:
India | Bangalore | Chennai | Goa | Mangalore | Pune | Mumbai | Delhi | Vapi | Indore | Hubli | Belgaum | Hyderabad
For more information, Visit us or Contact us.